Soap Making with Kata
All beginners welcome!
Soap Making Workshop with Kata
All beginners welcome!
Have you always wanted to try how to make soap?
Join our 2 – 2.5 hour workshop to learn the secrets of small-batch soap making with Kata from Soft Paws Cosmetics in a fun and safe environment.
At this workshop:
- You will learn the safety guidelines.
- We will make two kinds of vegan-friendly soap using the cold process and melt&pour methods.
- You will get to know how to make soap by mixing the various melted butter and oils with the lye solution, measuring the correct amount of fragrance/essential oils and colourants, and using basic pouring techniques (layering, simple swirls, texturing).
At the end of the course, you will end up with two melt&pour soaps and one whole loaf (5 bars) of traditional cold process soap.
We will post the loaf nicely cut within 2-3 days of making it as it requires some time to set properly.
We provide free shipping in Ireland!
You will also receive a leaflet with a basic recipe and some extra info so you can continue your soapmaking journey at home.
The workshop fee is €65
The soapmaking workshops are held in our shop at the Craft Courtyard of Wells House and Gardens (Ballyedmond, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland Y35CF96)
Additional info about the course:
- We provide the necessary safety gear for soapmaking (apron, gloves, goggles)
- Don’t come in your favourite dress – accidents can happen!
- This class is for adults only (minimum age requirement is 16 years but must be accompanied by an adult)
- The entry fee to Wells House and Gardens is included! (The other passengers of the vehicle must pay their entry fee. You can book the tickets here.)
- Pre-booking is essential!
Book in now:
Choose a date after hitting the “Continue” button.
- If you book and can’t come, please let us know two days in advance, and we will pay back your deposit or your full fee.
- If you cancel less than two days before, you will lose your deposit; if you paid the full price, we’d transfer the rest back.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop, we will offer alternative dates to you.
- If no alternative date is made available by us, we will provide you with a refund of your deposit or the full fee, whichever you paid.